Celebrate the international beaver day
The International Beaver Day is approaching! It occurs on the 7:th of April and since WAMBAF is very engaged in beaver related questions, we encourage you all to celebrate this day together with us.
This is a fine day to hike to a beaver pond, arrange a display of books in your library, show a beaver video, and/or otherwise spread the word about our most prominent ecosystem engineer.
We challenge you with a competition
Take a selfie of yourself and a Castor fiber!
Go out in the field and try to take a selfie with you and a Castor fiber beaver or with any beaver accomplished feature like a felled tree, a beaver pond etc. The funnier the picture, the better! It does not have to be of good photographical quality, a cellular phone will do fine.
Take part in this fun competition and win a small but nice price. The winner will be presented at the International Workshop on Beaver management arranged by WAMBAF in Sundsvall 15-16 May 2018. During this meeting, leading international beaver researchers will be participating, and a Castor fiber-selfie is a fun and engaging way of communicating the work WAMBAF is doing.
Rules to compete
- The Castor fiber must be alive when taking the picture.
- It has to be a wild animal.
- You must not disturb the beaver or the beavers construction in a significant way. Please keep in mind that beavers are wild animals and don’t like too close human contact.
- Pictures at taken at your own risk.
- The picture can be taken with any camera, a cellular phone is ok.
- The picture must be taken by yourself.
- The picture must show your face, or at least a part of it, and a bit of a Castor fiber. It can also show a beaver felled tree, a beaver pond, etc.
- Put the photo on your Instagram account using the #castorfiberselfie
- When putting the photo on Instagram, write your name in the comment.
- Last day for participating is the 1:st of May 2018!
- A small price will be brought to the winner
- If you manage to take a selfie with an animal, it will give you a higher chance of winning the competition.
- Anyone can participate.