At the close of year 2011, the following volumes of raw materials were stockpiled in Sweden:
- 3.0 million m3f ub coniferous sawlogs
- 4.5 million m3f ub pulpwood
- 0.8 million m3f ub chips
During 2010 the consumption of roundwood by the forest products industry was 69.9
million m3f ub, of which 40 % was Scots pine, 50 % Norway spruce, 8 % birch and 2 % other broad-leaved species.
The forest products industry’s consumption of wood fibre was 81.0 million m3f ub during 2010. Of that amount:
- the pulp and paper industry consumed 45.4 million m3f ub
- sawmills consumed 34.5 million m3f ub (and generated 10.4 million m3f ub of by-products for use in the pulp and wood-panel industries)
- the wood-panel industry consumed 0.8 million m3f ub.